Thursday, May 19, 2011

Lucban Longganisa

Thursday, May 19, 2011
My mom is from Tarlac. And us having Kapampangan blood, we were all used to eating sweet, garlicky and peppery longganisa. So the first time I ate Lucban longganisa, it kinda felt weird. It's not sweet, just garlicky. On my first trip here, I took some home and they felt weird eating it too. I later learned that this longganisa was supposed to be eaten with Lucban vinegar. So that's the catch. The vinegar and garlic tastes good together. Anyway, I don't know how to explain the taste, what I know it that I love this longganisa now. Haha.

Last December, a dozen of longganisa was being sold for Php65.00. This time, prices went up and they are now selling it for Php70.00. Five pesos isn't so bad. We went to their neighbor (Jeff said it's the most famous longganisa maker in town) and bought twenty dozens. Hahaha.








0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
◄© www.nom-mage.com 2012. All text and photos are property of nom-mage. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jeff and Joy Tagle and www.nom-mage.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. Design by Pocket