Sunday, December 4, 2011

Toast Box

Sunday, December 4, 2011
One thing I loved most about my stay in Singapore back in 2008 was the food. Every morning when I go home from work (yep, I was in nightshift), I pass by the hawker centers to buy either Kaya set, fried rice with egg and sausage or whatever, nasi lemak, or whatever I thought of eating. At night during our shift, my coworkers would ask me to go out and eat prata, nasi goreng or nasi lemak. There's also a place in Singapore called Newton and Makansutra which is a must try for all tourists.

So today, we tried Toast Box. I definitely know what I want -- KAYA TOAST. Jeff had Nasi Lemak, which I think is what he orders most of the time when he goes to a Singaporean restaurant. He also likes his Hainanese Chicken steamed, while I like it roasted. We both love oatmeal prawn too. I wish we could go to Singapore so I could take him to the places where I loved to eat. Soon, I hope. :)

My kaya toast. Yum!

I'm planning to make something like this for the our backdrop on the wedding.
Toast Box in Chinese. I think. 
People.

Bored?
5. 
Iced tea and Milo dinosaur! Yay!
Jeff's nasi lemak.

Toast Box
3/F Greenbelt 5, Ayala Center
Makati City







2 comments:

Anonymous said... [Reply]

My sisters and I are going to Singapore late next year. Will definitely check out the restos you featured here. :D

Unknown said... [Reply]

You should! If want to practice, there's also Makansutra in Ocean Park complex. It's the same thing that they have in Singapore. Don't forget to order their Pineapple Fried Rice, as in fried rice inside a carved pineapple! Hahaha!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
◄© www.nom-mage.com 2012. All text and photos are property of nom-mage. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jeff and Joy Tagle and www.nom-mage.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. Design by Pocket